As you probably know, the kitchen is the most important room in the house, and if yours is somewhat limited in size, designing the optimum layout is critical. The best way to achieve this is to create a floor plan, preferably to scale, as this allows you to consider the precise location of every major appliance, and regardless of the shape or size, look for ways to save a few square centimetres here and there.
- Bespoke Kitchen Cabinets – The kitchen cabinets should be narrower than normal, which will give you more space in the centre of the room, and try to make good use of the cabinets by fixing hooks to the interior doors, allowing you to hang small kitchen implements. Rather than floor level cabinets, consider mounting them on the walls, as this increases the floor space.
- Mixture of Light & Dark – While it is known that dark colours can make a room look smaller, a clever combination of light and dark shades actually makes a room seem more spacious, and the dark areas need not be expansive.
- Online Solutions – When looking to buy home kitchenware, there are online suppliers who offer top quality appliances and homeware at very affordable prices, and such is the extensive catalogue, you are bound to find exactly what you are looking for. Cooking utensils, small appliances and useful gadgets are all available, and with prices that are 15-205 lower than retail outlets, it won’t break the bank to acquire the items you need.
- Open Plan Shelving – Wherever there is a suitable expanse of wall, you can have some shelving made to fit the opening, and with empty corners, you can build in a small corner cupboard unit that looks like it belongs. A small spice rack can sit alongside a set of hanging hooks, where you can store certain kitchen implements, making the best use of every square centimetre of space. Under-cabinet shelving is a great idea, where you can store spices, condiments and other small items, and with some small LED light fittings, the look is complete.
- Mirrored Splashbacks – If you talk to your local glazier, he can craft mirrored splashbacks that will reflect the light, creating the illusion of a larger area. Choose a colour that contrasts slightly with your main shades and the glazier can work his magic.
With some careful planning and a little creativity, you can make the very best of the available space and with stylish elegance and bespoke solutions, your kitchen will be both functional and visually appealing.
Kitchen remodeling is an effective way to increase the value and beauty of your home. Whether you are looking for a complete renovation or simply want to update the look, kitchen remodeling houston tx can help you achieve your goals.